Under Construction • Details Coming Soon.
One of the best ways to get connected at Heights Church is to get involved with a Growth Group.
Growth Groups are small groups of 20 or less people that meet in different locations on different days of the week and at different times to fellowship and study God’s Word together. We operate on a semester system and there are three semesters in a year (Spring, Summer, and Winter). Each semester, we offer different growth groups that are approximately 12 weeks long. This system allows each of us to continually meet new people and form relationships within the church.
How much are the Growth Groups?
The costs of the different growth groups vary, but we make every attempt to inform you about such details prior to you signing up. Some of the studies will require you to purchase a member book and some will not. We try to locate and display the current costs of these books on the growth group brochures that we pass out during “sign up” times.
Is child care available?
- Each semester, we will set aside one night of the week where space is available on campus at the church for Growth Groups. On this night, child care will be available.
- Some Growth Groups that take place in certain homes will be able to accommodate child care, however, not all Growth Groups are able to provide for children.
Where are the classes held?
- Many classes are held in the homes of various members of the church
- There will also be some groups that meet at the church.
What is a typical growth group meeting like?
Each group may be structured a little bit differently depending on the facilitator and coordinator of each group. But a typical meeting may look like:
- 6:30 – Arrive at group meeting
- 6:30-6:40 – Fellowship with snacks
- 6:40-6:50 – Announcements and prayer requests
- 6:50-7:40 – Bible Study
- 7:40-8:00 – Follow up, discuss upcoming events or serving opportunities, prayer
- 8:00 – Dismiss
How We “Do” Growth Groups?
We are still learning, however, it appears our growth groups are taking the following structure:
Spring Semester (Late January – April)
- During the Spring Semester, we attempt to have each of the various growth groups studying the same material. The leaders of the church will prayerfully and intentionally choose a study that will help orient the church in a certain direction or focus on a specific area of growth.
Summer Semester (June – August)
- Due to summertime vacations and such, we try to focus on fellowship. Therefore, we avoid summer bible studies with curriculums. This way, if you have to miss a meeting or two, you won’t feel left behind in the study. Instead, we have done “special interest” groups such as cooking, couponing, golf, softball, etc.
Winter Semester (Late September – December)
During the Winter Semester, we allow leaders to choose from various different Bible studies. Most of the studies are 7-10 sessions long. In the past we have had various men’s and women’s studies, studied books of the Bible, and gone through various discipleship courses
I have a couple more questions. Can you help?
We’d love to! You can contact us online or call the offices at 803.593.3054